Environmental Studies Graduation Reception--Save the Date
Knuth Hall, Creative Arts bld, Thursday, May 26th, 2016 from 9:00-11:00am
Tickets for the Environmental Studies Graduation Celebration are $6 each. Tickets will only be available for purchase online. Online purchases can be made using a major credit card or electronic check. On credit card transactions there will be an additional 2.75% processing fee. Electronic check transactions have no additional fees.
At this time, each graduate is allotted 6 tickets total – one for the graduate plus five guests. If you purchase more than 6 tickets at this time, we will refund any additional tickets and you will be charged a $20 processing fee.Beginning Monday, May 9th we will have additional tickets for sale based on availability.
If you have your guests purchase their own tickets, they will need to enter your name and SFSU ID. Young children who will not need their own meal do not need a ticket, but please let us know so we can plan accordingly. Please email us with the graduates name and the children who will be attending.
Starting on May 16, you must pick up your tickets at the PACE office in HSS 210. Tickets will be available for pick up during office hours until May 24.
To purchase tickets:
2. Choose the ENVS Event on the right side of the screen and click on that option
- fill in your name, SFSU ID, address, email, and phone number
- in the Reference 1 field, enter the Graduate’s Name, even if entered above (if you do not enter the graduate’s name, we cannot accept the transaction and your order will be refunded with a $20 processing fee)
- in the Reference 2 field, enter anything else you need us to know, e.g. plus one child, food allergies, wheelchair space needed, etc.
- Click Add to Basket
- If you are purchasing tickets for your guests, you must add each guest one at a time. Fill in their First and Last Name, Enter your name in reference 1, in the Reference 2 field, enter anything else you need us to know, e.g. plus one child, food allergies, wheelchair space needed, etc.
3. Remember, you can only purchase six (6) tickets at this time. If you purchase more than 6 tickets before May 9th, we will refund any extra tickets purchased and your order will be reduced back to three and you will be charged a $20 processing fee.
4. Please print your confirmation page or email receipt and bring with you to the event
Please contact Bridget McCracken, Director of Academic Services, School of Public Affairs and Civic Engagement, with questions. Please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jobs and Internships: Join our New Listserv!!
To receive notifications about job and internship opportunities, you must subscribe, which you can do by clicking on this link:
The “subscribe” button is at the lower right.
You have some control over the way in which you receive these notifications: you can get them individually or in (daily) digest form, temporarily stop receiving them, or unsubscribe from the list altogether. This link explains how to set your preferences; it’s very easy: http://tech.sfsu.edu/guides/distribution-user
You can also post opportunities that you hear about (please do!) by e-mailing email@example.com.
Spring 2016 Faculty Office Hours
Need to see an advisor?
Environmental Studies advisors and concentration advisors hold drop-in office hours for students seeking advising, no appointments are needed unless none of the posted times fit your schedule. Please see the Advising page for office hours and contact information. Please bring with you a DARS report and your Advising Grid.
How Do Graduating Seniors Rate the ENVS Program?
Every year the campus conducts a confidential exit survey of graduating seniors. According to the exit survey, Environmental Studies students rate their major higher than the overall average for SF State on almost all questions. On half the questions the difference between ENVS majors and SFSU students in general was more than 10 percentage points. 84% of graduating ENVS majors strongly agreed or agreed that "Faculty members were genuinely interested in my academic success" and 81% strongly agreed or agreed that "Faculty members were available when needed."